Today’s Daily Prompt wants us to post an Anti-Bucket List. As in, stuff we would never do, say, watch, make, etc. Sure, I’m game. So, here we go…
- Vote for Sarah Palin – I doubt she’ll ever run for office again, the money’s too good to just comment on stuff, but if she did, I wouldn’t. The Apocalypse is on its way without my help, thank you very much.
- Watch a “Mama June” sex tape – Speaking of the Apocalypse, someone has offered “Mama June” of “Honey Boo Boo” fame to make a sex tape for $1 million. Be afraid, be very afraid.
- Be content – I will never be satisfied. I will always be looking at the horizon and wondering if there’s something better or more exciting around the corner. If I do explore, I will yearn for home. I hope this changes, but as I get older, I find it harder to lie to myself. The odds are overwhelmingly in favor of my being restless.
- Stop being a wiseass. I know that it has held me back in my personal and professional life, but I can’t help it. Mockery is my way of coping; life can be shitty under the best of circumstances. Making a joke is a good way to make things a little less shitty. We all cope in our own way. That, or I’m just a bit of a prick.
- Stop obsessing over pop culture ephemera from my youth – I’m a Gen-Xer. Fetishizing the trivial bits of entertainment from our youth is what we do. With that in mind, here’s a clip from one of the greatest shows of the 90s – Mr. Show: