— Shawn_in_PA (@Random_Shawness) July 19, 2014
What are the top three things you’d like to learn, or ways you’d like to grow, from blogging? The top three people you’d like to connect with?
OK, let’s start with the first question. The three things I’d like to learn (for starters) from blogging are:
- How to amuse myself. If I can write something that entertains me and/or makes me laugh, I will have done well for myself. I need to have fun, and I want this blog to be that. (If this turns into a chore, then what’s point? I already have one job, know what I mean?)
- I want to become more technically proficient. I plan on learning enough to be able to migrate this site to WordPress.org. That would push me to learn how to manage web traffic (well, the traffic that I hope for) and an actual website. I also know the basics of HTML, Java Script, and CSS. (Thanks, Codecademy!) Ideally, this site will help me to build on what I’ve already learned.
- I hope to become more connected to the Harrisburg area. I’ve lived here in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania for a little over six years and still don’t feel as connected to it as I’d like to be. My hope is that this blog can help me to network and socialize more than I have in the past, if only a little.
And now, i answer the second question. Just who are the top three people I hope to connect with through this blog?
- Harrisburgers (Harrisburgians?). Again, I’m hoping to come out of my shell a little bit and am hopeful this blog can be a means to that end.
- Smart, experienced bloggers. With any luck, I will be able to connect with those who have good technical expertise, experience with growing one’s audience and improving one’s ‘brand’ (I think I’m starting to hate that word, btw.), and maybe even those who know something about best practices for website design. Here’s hoping!
- I’m a Virgo with a moon in Pisces. I like good coffee, good conversation, and long walks on the beach. If you are celestially compatible and looking for someone who has taken ‘the road less traveled’, then shoot me a message and we can see what happens after that. (My ex-girlfriend need not apply.)
Yinz satisfied now?